Boston Public Library Archival and Manuscript Finding Aid Database
About This Database
This database contains descriptions of select archival and manuscript collections held by the Boston Public Library. The database does not include descriptions of all of the archival or manuscript material held by the Library. There will be regular updates as new collection descriptions become available.
These collections are available for use at the Central Library in Copley Square. Please note the hours of operation and contact the Rare Books Department at email@example.com or (617) 859-2225 for more information.
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit.
- Search by phrase:
- Use double quotes around your search query (e.g., "Festival of Contemporary Arts")
- Narrow your search results:
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results. (e.g., 'bass -fish' finds bass guitars but not bass fishing.)
- Browse by collection title, subject, or creator.